Why Europcar and LTA make doubles partners
- The LTA is the national governing body of tennis in Great Britain and is committed to growing the sport by getting more people to play tennis more often.
- The LTA says that through its partnership with Europcar, players, coaches and staff will gain access to world class car hire, taking them to and from tournaments and events.
- Tennis is the second most followed sport in the UK. Europcar wanted to support the LTA’s commitment to get more people playing more often.
STEP forward (with no foot faults) Great Britain’s new tennis doubles partnership – Europcar and the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA).
With a zinging ace, car hire company Europcar will be serving the LTA as the official car hire supplier.
Under the new three year agreement, Europcar becomes the official supplier of car hire for:
- the Aegon Championships in London;
- the Aegon Eastbourne International;
- the Aegon Birmingham Classic; and
- the Aegon Nottingham Opens.
In the post-match interview, Europcar said it was a major partnership providing extensive promotional opportunities, as well as giving the LTA the benefit of quality car hire and transport solutions. Through the partnership, Europcar also has exclusive agreements for five Aegon tennis events, offering courtside branding, as well as logo placement and advertising opportunities in programmes and hospitality areas.
Commenting on the agreement James Mercer, the LTA Commercial Director said:
“We are thrilled that Europcar is joining LTA’s family of sponsors. Its reputation for quality and top level customer service make it a perfect match for British Tennis. We look forward to developing a strong relationship with Europe’s largest rental provider and benefiting from its world class transport services. This is a year round deal that will bring many benefits to the organisation in addition to the valuable support at all of our major events.”