STARS and cars gathered to celebrate the Ferrari 70th anniversary in style at the Goodwood Festival of Speed with 70 historic, iconic and championship-winning Ferrari cars at the start of a two-month UK tour.
The displays thrilled crowds with a special parade of cars tackling the famed hillclimb course, before coming together on the Lawn of Goodwood House to create a unique and spectacular ‘Ferrari Moment’.
The parade was led by the first car to wear the Ferrari badge, the 1947 Ferrari 125 S, and Maranello’s latest model, the very limited edition LaFerrari Aperta, which is the star of the company’s anniversary celebrations.
Multiple championship-winning single seaters and endurance racers from the Scuderia Ferrari’s illustrious racing history joined the two iconic cars to create an incredible display at the very heart of the Festival of Speed.
These cars were driven by motorsport legends Derek Bell, Jackie Stewart and Dario Franchitti, as well as Marc Gene (Scuderia Ferrari F1), Alessandro Pier Guidi (FIA World Endurance), Davide Rigon and Olivier Beretta (Ferrari GT). Ferrari’s XX programme cars – the FXX and FXX K – were driven by factory GT Drivers Sam Bird and James Calado, while the 599 XX was piloted by ex-Scuderia Ferrari driver René Arnoux.
After its starring role at the Festival of Speed, the LaFerrari Aperta will be travelling around the official Ferrari dealer network with displays at landmark locations starting this week in Hampshire at the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth.
Throughout July and into August, where fans will be able to see this exclusive car as part of an exciting display of Ferrari cars which will showcase the incredible heritage, design and racing history of 70 years of the world’s most powerful and recognisable automotive brand.
Ferrari 70th anniversary celebration tour
- 5 July 14:00-16:30 Spinnaker Tower, Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth PO1 3TT (Meridien Modena, Lyndhurst)
- 9 July 13:00-16:00 Plymouth Hoe, Barbican, Plymouth PL1 2PJ (Carrs, Exeter)
- 11 July 09:00-10:00 Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, Oxfordshire OX20 1PS (Dick Lovett, Swindon)
- 15 July 12:00-14:00 The Long Walk, Windsor (Maranello Sales, Egham)
- 20 July 11:00-13:00 Surprise location in Central London – to be announced (HR Owen Sports Cars, Kensington)
- 22 July 14:00-16:00 Bond Street, Chelmsford, CM2 6JJ (Lancasters, Colchester)
- 25 July 14:30-17:30 Belvoir Castle, Grantham, NG32 1PE (Graypaul, Nottingham)
- 25 July 19:15 Theatre Royal Concert Hall, Theatre Square, Nottingham, NG1 5ND (Graypaul, Nottingham)
- 28 July 12:30-16:00 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BB (Graypaul, Birmingham)
- 1 August 14:00-16:00 Capesthorne Hall, Congleton Rd, Siddington, Macclesfield SK11 9JY (Stratstone, Manchester)
- 4 August 13:00-17:00 Roundhay Park, Mansion Lane, Leeds, LS8 2HH (JCT600 Brooklands, Leeds)
- 8 August 14:00-18:00 Holyrood Palace – Broad Pavement Car Park, Queens Drive, Edinburgh, EH8 8HG (Graypaul, Edinburgh)
- 12 August 14:30-16:00 The Ulster Folk & Transport Museum – Cultra, 153 Bangor Road, Holywood, BT18 0EU (Charles Hurst, Belfast)
- 12 August 16:30-17:00 Titanic Slipways, Titanic Quarter – 1 Olympic Way, Queens Road, Titanic Quarter, Belfast BT3 9EP (Charles Hurst, Belfast)
- 12 August 17:30-18:30 Hillsborough Castle – The Square, Hillsborough, Co. Down, BT26 6AG (Charles Hurst, Belfast)
The final event on the LaFerrari Aperta’s UK Tour will be Ferrari Racing Days at Silverstone, from 22-24 September, where the car will once again lead a parade of iconic and historic Ferrari cars around the British GP circuit.
Ferrari Racing Days is the UK round of the Ferrari Challenge European Series, in which the 458 Challenge makes its final appearance alongside the 488 Challenge which will run solus in the Ferrari Challenge in 2018.