THE Leasing Broker Federation has saluted some of the UK’s best brokers at the 2016 Leasing Broker Awards and luncheon.
More than 50 guests from across the industry, brokers and funders, gathered at Balthazar’s restaurant in London’s Covent Garden for the Federation’s awards luncheon.
The event was supported by funder partners Alphabet, Arval, Hitachi and Lex Autolease, as well as partner firms Europcar and Applied Driving Techniques.
The awards were judged by an independent panel of eight experts from the leasing industry chaired by David Brennan, chief executive of Nexus Vehicle Management.
The other judges were:
- Graham Conway, head of Partner at Alphabet
- Todd Williams, head of broker at Arval
- Chris Swallow, national sales manager of Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions
- Steve Cocks, director of Lex Autolease Broker Division
- Paul Hollick, managing director of The Miles Consultancy (TMC)
- Colin Tourick, Grant Thornton Professor of Automotive Management, University of Buckingham
- Fred Crawley, managing editor of Credit Strategy
- Matt Bristow, manufacturer sales director of BCA
Master of ceremonies Ralph Morton, editor of Business Car Manager, paid tribute to the broker industry, saying: “Leasing brokers continue to offer impressive market growth, helping fuel the popularity of PCH, driving forward commercial vehicle sales, while providing consultative services under FCA guidance.
“The performance of leasing brokers in H1 this year has been just as impressive as it was last year.”
He told how the Federation’s rebranding this year was a natural progression in an industry where “sniffy attitudes” of old had been “swept aside by the professionalism and sales success demonstrated over the last few years, underpinned by the reassurance afforded to consumers by FCA regulation”.
He said: “We are a broad church and we welcome all types of leasing broker; I want to make it clear, this Federation embraces everyone, from the smallest brokers to the largest volume operators.”
Achievements included the Leasing Broker Federation survey – “a huge success and highly regarded” research to be repeated in 2017 together with further partner services.
2016 Leasing Broker Awards – the Winners
Ralph Morton thanked awards sponsors BMW/MINI Group and Hyundai and the independent judges, overseen by chair David Brennan.
The awards were presented by Lee Pennells, the newly appointed tactical leasing manager of award sponsors BMW/MINI, and Hyundai national contract hire & leasing manager Gareth Thomas.
- Best leasing broker up to 1000 vehicle sales awards (sponsored by BMW/MINI) – Concept Vehicle Leasing
- Best leasing broker 1000-4000 vehicle sales (sponsored by BMW/MINI) – Neva Consultants
- Best leasing broker over 4000 vehicle sales (sponsored by BMW/MINI) – Fleet Alliance
- Best leasing broker marketing award (sponsored by BMW/MINI) – Nationwide Vehicle Contracts
- Best leasing broker customer service award up to 4000 vehicle sales (sponsored by Hyundai) – Concept Vehicle Leasing and Neva Consultants (joint winners)
- Best leasing broker customer service award over 4000 vehicle sales (sponsored by Hyundai) – Fleet Alliance
- Best green leasing broker (sponsored by Hyundai) – Fleetdrive
- Best van leasing broker (sponsored by Hyundai) – Vans Direct
- Click here for full report with pictures and finalists
Do you have a car leasing question?