- Starts as first MD 3 April 2018, based at UK HQ in Coventry
- Currently DS brand development director for Benelux region
- Has worked for PSA Group since 2001 – background in sales and marketing
PSA Group has named Alain Descat first MD of DS Automobiles UK, a new senior position and coming at the same time as the arrival of the new DS 7 Crossback.
The SUV from DS is the first of a new-generation range of DS vehicles.
Alain is currently DS brand development director for Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg and has been fully engaged in the development of the DS brand in the Benelux region. He starts the new role on 3 April at the UK headquarters at Pinley House in Coventry.
Alain was born in Bordeaux, is 40 years old and married with two children. He graduated at ESSEC Business School and has worked for PSA Group since 2001.
He has held a number of sales and marketing roles – for Peugeot Importers in Mexico and Central America, North of Europe (Scandinavia, Finland, Baltic States) and most recently in Amsterdam over the last four years with responsibility for the Benelux region.
Alain was strategically involved in the development of transformation to digital processes, and created a PSA Group ‘Digital Factory’ in the Benelux combining all of the three PSA Group brands operational requirements, to meet the fast moving automotive marketing environment.
Since 2016, Alain has been dedicated to DS Automobiles, itself only formed in 2014, as DS brand development director for the Benelux, where he set about leading the emergence of a distinct and dedicated premium DS network in the Benelux countries.
DS Automobiles Timeline
- DS brand established in Paris – 1 June 2014
- Divine DS Concept
- New DS 3
- 60-year DS anniversary
- New DS 5
- DS enters Formula E with DS Virgin Racing
- New DS 4 & DS 4 Crossback
- DS E-Tense Concept
- Performance Line trim level
- DS 4 Crossback Terre Rouge LE
- Milestone 300,000th DS 3
- DS Urban Store opened in London
- DS 7 Crossback launched internationally
- French President‘s chosen ceremonial car is a DS 7 Crossback
- DS 4 Crossback Moondust & DS 3 Inès de la Fressange Limited Editions