Aston Martin 6.0 V12 Rapide
What is it?
A LANDMARK for Aston Martin. New Rapide is the first four-door Aston Martin model for more than 30 years and the first to be built outside of the UK, in Austria. Competing with Porsche’s Panamera it’s essentially a stretched DB9 with the same 6.0-litre V12 driving the rear wheels. Priced at £149,995.
- Extra rear doors are beautifully integrated into elegant shape
- Rears seats are gorgeously sculpted and trimmed in soft leather
- Fit and finish is the best yet from Aston
- Storming 477PS 6.0-litre V12 offers awesome pace and sounds epic
- Six-speed semi-automatic transmission is slick
- Despite 20-inch alloys adaptive dampers deliver amazing ride…
- …and longer wheelbase, re-tuned steering deliver great handling
- Very well equipped; just cooled rear seats and DVD screens are optional
- Rear headroom is very tight for six-footers and snug for most others
- Getting in is tricky; the roof is low as are the seats
- Volvo-sourced satnav and electric window switches
- Boot is tiny at 317-litres, although you can fold the rear seats flat
- 355g/km, sub-20mpg and heavy depreciation, running costs are high
- Company car tax rockets in 2011/12 as price cap lifted
What you need to Know?
|P11D Value:||80,000 (10/11); £148,990 (11/12)|
|Monthly Rental*:||3776 (CH)/£4531 (PCH)|
|Tax Band when posted:||35%, 35%, 35%|
|Monthly BiK:||Click link for BIK|
Monthly contract hire (CH) and personal contract hire (PCH) rentals generated by Concept Vehicle Leasing. Based on a 36 month lease at 10,000 miles a year, 3+35 payments.