Story: RALPH MORTON
SMALL business directors wanting something slightly different for their company car, how about this?
Black editions of Audi’s A6 and Sportback A7 models.
It’s an enhanced version of the sporty S line range bringing a meaner, sharper appearance.
There are massive 20inch special rotor-design alloy wheels with a dark titanium finish in the A6 Saloon and A6 Avant and wheel arch-filling 21inch alloys in the A7 Sportback.
It’s not just darker alloys, though.
The Black theme included grille and window frame strips in black and privacy glass for the rear windows. The A6 Avant Black Edition also gets black roof rails – just in case you hadn’t got the point!
Interior upgrades included Piano Black inlays and equipment upgrades, such as upgraded BOSE surround sound system, DAB digital radio and the Audi Music Interface (AMI) for iPod connection.
However, will the Audi A6 Black put your bank account in the red?
As you might expect, the A6 and A7 Black models aren’t the cheapest in the range, but then if you want a distinctive company car, you wouldn’t expect anything else. Would you?
Audi A6 and A7 Black price range
- Audi 6 Saloon Black Edition, £35,010 OTR to £49,185 OTR
- Audi A6 Avant Black Edition, £36,970 OTR to £51,025 OTR
- Audi A7 Sportback Black Edition, £50,575 OTR to £56,785 OTR
Typical Audi A6 and A7 Black company car tax rates
- Audi A6 Saloon 2.0 TDI Black Edition 177PS, 19% company car tax band, £221 a month company car tax (40% tax payer)
- Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI Black Edition 204PS, 21% company car tax band, £290 a month company car tax (40% tax payer)
- Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 BiTDI quattro Black Edition 313PS Tiptronic, 27% company car tax band, £508 a month company car tax (40% tax payer)