WOW! Some car, this.
Just a few little snippets to give you an idea of the Audi RS6 Avant’s capability:
- The car is powered by a 4.0-litre V8 twin turbo petrol engine
- It has 560PS – slightly down on the previous generation RS6 which had 580PS. But enough…
- And the torque is walloping: 700Nm
- The acceleration phenomenal: 3.9 seconds to 62mph from rest – this puts it firmly in supercar territory (a Porsche 911 Turbo hits 62mph in 3.4 seconds)
- It has quattro four-wheel drive
- There’s also fuel saving Cylinder on Demand technology which shuts down four of the V8’s cylinders when not required
- As well as 565 litres of luggage space – which can be enlarged to 1680 litres
- And costs less than the previous RS6 at £76,985 (previously £78,285).
Clearly, the Audi RS6 is something special. As fast as a supercar, as practical as an everyday estate. It really is a very different way to take the Labrador to the park for a quick walk.
On the road, the Audi is all civility, too, pottering around town, swanning around A roads. But given the road to provide an opportunity to sample its stunning acceleration you had better hold on.
The shove, the alacrity, the galloping approach speed to cars ahead is quite phenomenal.
If you want to lose a few years and some facial lines, the g-forces as you catapult forward under the immense acceleration will do the trick…
But that breathtaking vim is also part of the problem.