Ford Focus Titanium 1.6 EcoBoost 150PS Start Stop
What is it?
NEW Ford Focus Mk3 with innovative turbo petrol engine that’s providing increasingly efficient performance. Called EcoBoost, the engine packs 150PS but just 139g/km CO2 emissions thanks to Ford fuel-saving technologies that include the drag-minimising Active Grille Shutter and auto Start Stop. The Focus 1.6 EcoBoost is only available in the two top trims of Titanium and Titanium X; tested here in Titanium trim with an on the road price of £19,745.
- The Focus remains a highly rewarding driver’s car…
- …you’ll be heading for the twisty bits and wide open spaces…
- …to take advantage of the agile and composed chassis
- Standard torque vectoring helps front wheels remain on track
- Brilliant suspension is supple but sportingly firm
- And then there’s the responsive engine with surprising low-down go
- The standard Shift Indicator helps: you can change up very early
- Fuel-saving Stop Start system works unobtrusively
- There’s useful 47.1mpg economy and 139g/km CO2 emissions
- Which means the company car tax rate is 17%
- Standard DAB radio with USB connectivity
- Ford’s excellent Quickclear heated screen is standard, too
- The low roofline disguises surprisingly good leg and headroom in rear
- Good value but optional Driver Assistance Pack
- Agitated low speed ride
- Steering is accurate but lacks a degree of feel
- Boot size is smallish for class – and there’s a high lip
- Some of the plastic trim has unwelcome rough leading edges
- Allow an additional £1645 budget for useful extras such as…
- …Driver Assistance Pack, metallic paint and 18ins alloy wheels
What you need to Know?
|Monthly Rental*:||300 (CH)/£360 (PCH)|
|Tax Band when posted:||16%, 17%, 18%|
|Monthly BiK:||Click link for BIK|
|Engine:||1.6 4-cyl turbo petrol|
Monthly contract hire (CH) and personal contract hire (PCH) rentals generated by Concept Vehicle Leasing. Based on a 36 month lease at 10,000 miles a year, 3+35 payments.
Business Car Manager Road Test RatingThe truly appealing aspect about this new Ford Focus EcoBoost model is the combination of low-down drivability normally associated with diesel but the sporty zest you expect from a petrol turbo car. But there’s more. This Focus EcoBoost is more financially advantageous for business car drivers than the 140PS 2.0 TDCI Focus because its company car tax is actually lower: 17% versus 18%; that’s a benefit in kind of £3329 versus £3724 for the diesel. It makes the new Ford Focus EcoBoost not only a great car to drive, but highly tax efficient too.
What’s in the £750 Driver Assistance Pack?
Active City Stop (helps avoid low speed urban collisions); Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keeping Aid (warns of lane drift/assists lane drift correction); Driver Alert (warns of driver sleepiness); Traffic Sign Recognition (flags up speed limits); Auto High Beam (dips if senses oncoming traffic); Blind Spot Monitoring Systems (flags up cars in your blind spot).