First Tesla-based production Shooting Brake
- Confused.com London Motor Show in May will host the world’s first Tesla-based production Shooting Brake
- Showcased by carbon fibre coachbuilders QWest, conversion based on the Tesla Model S (90D) displayed across all four days of action
- The QWest Shooting Brake carries over the Model S’s 0-60mph time of just 2.8 secs but is 12kg lighter
- The Confused.com London Motor Show centre stage from 17-20 May at the ExCeL Exhibition Centre
THE world’s first Tesla-based producton Shooting Brake by QWest will be displayed at this year’s Confused.com London Motor Show in May.
Carbon fibre coachbuilding specialist QWest will touch down at the “automotive event of the year” from 17-20 May armed with its latest creation, based on the reputable Model S (90D).
QWest’s Shooting Brake carries over the standard Model S’s 0-60mph time of just 2.8 seconds. Its visible carbon fibre on the tailgate, rear roof section and D pillar mark it out against the standard car while adding strength and reducing weight.
Its volume is 7.4 cubic feet larger than the standard 90D, but it is 12kg lighter thanks to QWest’s use of carbon fibre. It was developed to be more than simply a conversion – it’s an integrated design and elegantly engineered solution that complements the car it’s based on.
QWest is famed for setting the benchmark for a modern connotation of a traditional coachbuilder, using only carbon fibre in its operations. The Norfolk-based company pulled out all the stops to make the world’s first Tesla-based Shooting Brake, and it’s sure to be a popular attraction at the ExCeL Exhibition Centre.
After outgrowing Battersea Evolution – where a record-breaking 25,000 spectators passed through the gates in 2017 – the Confused.com London Motor Show has relocated to the iconic ExCeL for 2018 and promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Alec Mumford, chairman of The Confused.com London Motor Show, added: “This year’s London Motor Show is set to welcome more world firsts than ever before in our new home, and we’re delighted to have the world’s first Tesla-based Shooting Brake coming to the capital.
“This is a serious feat of engineering using the very latest technology, making it perfect for our enthusiastic audience. This isn’t a car to be missed at the show!”
- Tickets are on sale now from £10.50 – with children under 17 going free with a paying adult – and can be bought at londonmotorshow.seetickets.com
Do You Have A Vehicle Leasing Question?