MARK Potter is the new national fleet sales manager in a new-look Renault fleet team.
The Renault fleet team has been divided into two teams:
- sales, led by Mark Potter; and
- operations, led by Mark Dickens, who continues in this role.
A team of 10 business sales area managers have also been recruited in to further Renault’s Local Fleet Strategy in addition to the existing seven-strong team managing large corporate customers.
Mark Potter, who has worked for Renault for 23 years since started on the graduate scheme, joins from his previous role as Groupe Renault regional director for the north of the UK. He takes on the newly created role of national fleet manager. He will oversee the restructure of the fleet team, ensuring that all areas of Groupe Renault UK’s fleet division are consolidated in one area of expertise – a first for the business.
Mark will be responsible for the:
- corporate account managers;
- contract hire & leasing managers;
- business sales area managers; and
- an upcoming sales team dedicated to the all-electric Renault Z.E. car and van range.
Mark Dickens continues as Groupe Renault fleet operations manager, but in addition to looking after the Central Operations Team, strategy and central fleet sales, he expands his role to take responsibility for the Motablility programme and short-term rental contracts.
Read our interview with Mark Dickens, click here
Patrick Whyman becomes Groupe Renault UK national rental and mobility manager – another new role in the fleet team, with responsibility for sales to the rental industry and managing the Motability programme.
An additional responsibility is to develop Groupe Renault UK’s strategy for new mobility solutions such as car-sharing schemes, car clubs, and connected vehicles. Whyman will report to Mark Dickens in his new role.
The 10 business sales area managers will further advance Renault’s Local Fleet Strategy. The team includes experienced members of Groupe Renault’s existing SME Fleet Business Sales Team, plus new staff recruited specifically for the role.
The new fleet roles at Groupe Renault
- Mark Potter becomes National Fleet Manager – a newly created role
- Mark Dickens continues as Fleet Operations Manager with additional responsibilities
- Patrick Whyman assumes new role of National Rental and Mobility Manager with responsibility to develop Groupe Renault UK’s strategy for new mobility solutions
- A new team of 10 Business Sales Area Managers will support dealers of all sizes