Ford Focus Titanium 2.0 TDCI 140PS
What is it?
THE leading family hatchback in the market, the Ford Focus has been reinvented in Mk3 guise. It’s totally new with a clear range line-up, a lower roofline for sportier styling and stuffed with technology – some of which cost extra, but at good value prices. We’ve already tested the Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI Zetec model; this is the 2.0 TDCI Focus in Titanium trim. On the road from £20,745.
- The Focus has lost none of its panache for rewarding the driver…
- …you’ll be heading for wide open A roads as soon as you can
- Standard torque vectoring keeps front wheels where you point them
- Chassis is taut and remains firmly planted: glides over crests and humps
- While suspension is supple enough to stop crashing and thumping
- Helped by accurate electric power steering
- Engine delivers bundles of effortless low-down go
- And progress is amazingly quiet and refined
- Clever Driver Assistance Pack good value option at £750…
- …it’s stuffed full of useful driver safety assistance technology
- Graphics and sat-nav easy to read and use
- Titanium provides good standard of equipment
- And £400 extra for alloys on 18ins wheels gives real visual presence
- And there’s also Ford’s excellent Quickclear heated screen as standard
- CO2 emissions are 129g/km so company car tax is at 18%
- Fuel economy is 56.5mpg – we recorded 43.5mpg
- Despite low roofline, surprisingly good leg and headroom in rear
- Steering is accurate but slightly divorced of feel
- Boot size is on the small size for class – and there’s a high lip
- Sharp edges on some of the plastic finishings…
- Occasional cabin rattles (but interior so quiet now they are amplified)
- No fuel-saving stop-start
- Additional budget required for Driver Assistance Pack (£750)…
- …Audio Navigation System (£550) and 18ins alloys (£400)
What you need to Know?
|Monthly Rental*:||295 (CH)/£354 (PCH)|
|Tax Band when posted:||18%, 18%, 19%|
|Monthly BiK:||Click link for BIK|
|Engine:||2.0 4-cyl turbo diesel|
Monthly contract hire (CH) and personal contract hire (PCH) rentals generated by Concept Vehicle Leasing. Based on a 36 month lease at 10,000 miles a year, 3+35 payments.