SO this is the all-new Ford Focus.
Stylish, tech-laden, and likely to be a great drive – the all-new Ford Focus, in hatch and estate styles, was launched today (April 10, 2018).
Plus prices of the all-new Ford Focus have been reduced over the outgoing model, so reducing the P11D value and minimizing company car tax liability.
The key company car models for the SME sector will be the Focus Zetec and ST-Line which are now £850 and £250 less respectively. Meanwhile prices start at £17,930 for the Focus Style – a substantial £2,300 below the model it replaces.
The new Ford Focus is on sale for September delivery.
Competitive CO2 emissions for reduced BIK
There are petrol and diesel engines which company car drivers will welcome for their CO2 efficiency.
Engines will include Ford’s multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost in 85 PS, 100 PS and 125 PS trim and a new 1.5-litre EcoBoost with 150 PS and 182 PS.
CO2 emissions are anticipated to start at 107 g/km for the 1.0-litre EcoBoost, putting it into the 22% company car tax band category.
The new 1.5-litre EcoBoost engine delivers CO2 emissions from an anticipated 122 g/km, placing it in the 25% company car tax band category.
For higher mileage company car drivers, there are Ford’s advanced new range of turbocharged EcoBlue diesel engines for the all-new Ford Focus.
The new 1.5-litre EcoBlue is offered with 95 PS and 120 PS both delivering 300 Nm of torque, and with CO2 emissions from 96 g/km for the five-door model placing it in the 24% company car tax band category.
The 2.0‑litre EcoBlue engine delivers 150 PS, 370 Nm of torque, and CO2 emissions from an anticipated 112 g/km for the five-door model (27% company car tax band).
A new quick-shifting eight-speed automatic transmission is offered for both petrol and diesel models.
All-new Ford Focus with seven model range
There are seven model versions of the new Ford Focus for company car drivers to choose from:
- Style from £17,930;
- Zetec from £19,300;
- ST-Line from £21,570;
- ST-Line X from £24,050;
- Titanium from £21,550;
- Titanium X from £22,820; and
- Vignale from £25,450.
Standard with 16in alloy wheels, air conditioning, DAB digital radio with Bluetooth and Emergency Assist, electronic parking brake, autonomous emergency braking, tyre pressure monitoring, Hill Start Assist and Lane-Keeping Aid.
These add highlights such as Ford’s SYNC3 DAB Radio with a 6.5in touchscreen and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto functionality, cruise control with speed limiter, front fog lights and QuickClear heated windscreen.
Additional comfort and convenience features in Titanium including front and rear parking sensors, heated front seats, dual-zone climate control, keyless entry and start, a larger eight-inch colour touchscreen, satellite navigation and FordPass Connect wireless connectivity.
Focus Titanium X
This offers further luxury with partial leather trim, a power-adjustable driver’s seat, privacy glass and 17in alloy wheels.
The sporty alternative offers unique body styling, including unique upper and lower grille, rear spoiler and polished twin tailpipes. Inside are a flat-bottomed steering wheel, black headlining, aluminium gearknob, alloy finish pedals and red stitching.
Focus ST-Line X
Enhanced sportiness with 18in alloy wheels, red brake calipers and many of the luxury features found on the Titanium X model.
The upscale Ford range that already includes Mondeo, S-MAX, Kuga, Edge and Fiesta Vignale models featuring a unique front grille and body styling with 18in wheels, full LED lighting front and rear, leather upholstery, head-up display, rear view camera, heated steering wheel and the 675-watt 10-speaker B&O Play Premium Audio System.
What else do you need to know about the new Ford Focus?
- Designed from a clean sheet of paper, the all-new Ford Focus offers more technology, comfort, space and a better driving experience
- It’s been 20 years since the first Ford Focus changed the experience of five door family hatchbacks
- New “human-centric” design for expanded line-up includes first Focus Active crossover and upscale Focus Vignale
New Stop & Go, Speed Sign Recognition and Lane-Centring technologies help negotiate stop-start traffic. Predictive curve light and Sign-based light help drivers see more clearly
- First Head-up display for a Ford model in Europe delivers greater confidence at the wheel. Active Park Assist 2 enables fully automated parking manoeuvres at the push of a button
- Standard selectable Drive Modes, 20 per cent torsional rigidity improvement and isolated independent rear suspension offering Continuously Controlled Damping – a first for Focus – keep it at the top of the class for driving dynamics and improve comfort
- All-new Focus introduces FordPass Connect embedded modem for connectivity on the move, Wireless charging pad, SYNC 3 with 8-inch touchscreen, and B&O PLAY audio
- Advanced EcoBoost petrol and EcoBlue diesel engines supported by new eight-speed automatic transmission, offering a 10 per cent fuel-efficiency improvement across the range for reduced benefit in kind company car tax liability
- The all-new Focus is the first vehicle globally to be based on Ford’s new C2 platform designed to enhance crash performance; deliver more interior space without negatively impacting exterior dimensions; and support improved aerodynamics for better fuel-efficiency.
- To be built in Ford’s Saarlouis assembly facility, following a €600 million investment.
- New Active model to debut in January 2018
Ford pricelist for new Ford Focus
Download the Ford Focus pricelist here