RENAULT has opened up on the new Megane RS, first unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2017 and on sale this summer with the world’s most powerful production 1.8-litre engine.
Like its predecessors, the Megane RS is aiming to become a benchmark in the C-segment hot hatch market. The third generation Megane RS is packed full of Renault Sport expertise and passion.
Driven by its powerful design and focused on performance, all-new Megane RS makes no attempt to hide its motorsport pedigree, offering outstanding driving pleasure on road and track.
4CONTROL four-wheel steering
- This unique-in-class system ensures stability at high speeds and agility at low speeds. At high speeds, the front and rear wheels turn in the same direction, limited to a one degree angle for the rear wheels, and at low speeds, the front and rear wheels turn in opposite directions up to a maximum angle of 2.7 degrees;
Hydraulic bump stops
- These enable optimum control of tyre-to-ground contact and increased ride comfort;
Most powerful 1.8-litre engine
- This most powerful production powertrain delivers 280hp and 390Nm of torque thanks to the development work jointly carried out by engineers from Renault Sport Cars and Renault Sport Racing;
Efficient Dual Clutch (EDC) gearbox
- This is an option available for the first time, alongside a manual transmission;
Two types of chassis available – Sport or Cup
- The Sport chassis provides easy sporty driving, with best-in-class efficiency, while the Cup chassis offers greater sports performance for track and fast road use;
S. Monitor Expert
- The new S. Monitor Expert allows drivers to film their track sessions and overlay telemetry data to create augmented reality videos that can later be analysed on the R.S. Replay website;
S. Vision lighting system
- The unique S. Vision lighting system with chequered flag design integrates the side lights, cornering lights, fog lights & high beam into one housing in the front bumper.
Pricing for the new Renault Megane RS will be made available closer to the on-sale date of early summer 2018.