LEGENDARY luxury car maker Rolls-Royce is donning green wellies.
It’s gone SUV and launched the new Cullinan model – not an SUV in Rolls-Royce speak but ‘an all-terrain high-bodied car’.
Rolls-Royce says it means you can travel in luxury anywhere.
But going everywhere doesn’t mean the brand’s celebrated Magic Carpet Ride is lost. There’s latest generation self-levelling air suspension to cushion the ride.
Meanwhile drive goes to the front wheels for the first time – as well as the rear.
Driving off-road there’s electronically controlled shock absorber adjustment which actively pushes down any wheel detected losing traction, so maximum torque is always provided to all wheels.
The new Cullinan is powered by a reworked version of the new 6.75 litre twin-turbo V12 Rolls-Royce engine.
There’s plenty of torque (850Nm) delivered at 1,600rpm, with fuel consumption of 18.8 mpg. CO2 emissions from this petrol only car are 341g/km. So not your average company car, then…
Pricing is thought to be in excess of £225,000.
Rolls-Royce Cullinan at a glance
- The “Rolls-Royce of SUVs”. New Cullinan joins super SUV breed
- Named after the largest diamond ever discovered which now resides in the British Crown Jewels.
- An all-terrain high-bodied car that makes the idea of authentic, luxury off-road travel a reality for the first time. Luxury travel is now Effortless, Everywhere.
- Contemporary and functional design ensures Cullinan gains iconic status in the face of increasingly bland SUV designs.
- The first “three-box” car in the SUV-sector. Cullinan’s rear partition wall creates a distinct environment for passengers, separated from the luggage compartment.
- The most practical of Rolls-Royces. Cullinan is the most versatile, family oriented, fun-to-drive super-luxury SUV available today.
- The second new Rolls-Royce to sit on the all-new aluminium ‘Architecture of Luxury’, Cullinan is the most technologically advanced, and only purpose-built, luxury SUV in the world.
- Tested to destruction all over the planet, Cullinan is an incredibly capable off-roader that sees the development of the ‘Magic Carpet Ride’ for off-road enjoyment, without sacrificing any Rolls-Royce on-road behaviour.
- Cullinan offers a suite of Bespoke features developed specifically for the many various lifestyles of its owners including the Viewing Suite and the Recreation Module.
- The 6.75 litre twin-turbo V12 Rolls-Royce engine delivers 563bhp/420kW and 850Nm/627lb ft of torque to the all-new all-wheel drive, all-wheel steer system needed to overcome any challenge.
- A century-long pedigree of adventurous quests and campaigns successfully carried out across all terrains thanks to the luxury offered by a stout vehicle that was swift, stealthy and dependable. “A Rolls in the desert is above rubies” – T.E. Lawrence.
Do You Have A Vehicle Leasing Question?