THE latest official pence per mile figures were announced from 1 December 2013.
And if you run an SME small fleet and haven’t started using them yet, then you should from the beginning of January – HMRC allows employees to use the old rates for one month from the changeover date if required.
The pence per mile figures are for company car drivers to either claim business mileage or reimburse private mileage when all fuel is paid for – such as when companies issue all company car drivers with a fuel card.
The new company car business mileage rates are listed below.
Petrol: New company car business mileage Advisory Fuel Rates from 01 December 2013
- Engine size 1400cc or less: 14p down from 15p
- 1401cc to 2000cc: 16p – down from 18p
- Over 2000cc: 24p – down from 26p
Diesel: New company car business mileage Advisory Fuel Rates from 01 December 2013
- Engine size 1600cc or less: 12p
- 1601cc to 2000cc: 14p – down from 15p
- Over 2000cc: 17p – down from 18p