Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TDI GTD 170PS 3dr
What is it?
THE diesel Golf GTI. Simple as that. Packing a 168bhp 2.0-litre diesel engine, sports suspension and a neat bodykit with ‘GTD’ badging, could this be the ultimate business driver’s hot hatch? Priced from £23,645 in three-door trim, with the five-door costing another £585.
- Gutsy engine does 0-62mph in 8.1 seconds…
- …yet returns 53.3mpg combined and emits just 134g/km of CO2
- Torque peak of 350Nm means storming in-gear pace
- And with a long sixth gear, relaxing motorway cruising
- Stiffened suspension equals great body control and agile handling
- But it’s still very comfortable
- Sports seats and three-spoke wheel are lovely GTI-style touches
- Well equipped with climate control, cruise, iPod connectivity and alloys
- Spacious inside with great build quality throughout
- Residuals likely to be very firm
- Billed as the diesel GTI and priced like it too…
- …the petrol GTI costs just £650 more
- Lacks the revvy nature of the 2.0-litre petrol car…
- …and its ultimate refinement too
- Just isn’t as exciting to drive as the petrol version
- Or, despite honeycomb grille and bodykit, quite as good to look at
What you need to Know?
|Monthly Rental*:||329 (CH)/£387 (PCH)|
|Tax Band when posted:||18%, 19%, 20%|
|Monthly BiK:||Click link for BIK|
|Engine:||2.0-cyl turbo diesel|
Monthly contract hire (CH) and personal contract hire (PCH) rentals generated by Concept Vehicle Leasing. Based on a 36 month lease at 10,000 miles a year, 3+35 payments.